Before I start this post, I wanted to say thank you for all the love on my new “project,” my youtube channel! It’s not a channel persay, more like an opportunity to add video content to my blog. If you’ve visited and watched my first video, thank you! I’m going full desperation here, but if you could press the subscribe button that would mean so much to me!! Now onto to what matters… my haul. There is two types of makeup shopping trips I take:
- A refill shopping trip – This is when I’m out of product and go in to either refill the product or grab something to take it’s place. I try to shop on a need-only basis, but we all know that doesn’t always happen.
- A fun, try-new-products trip – This is when I have a little extra $ and go in to pick up some products that I’ve never tried before.
In this case, I was in a trying mood and wanted to shop the Sephora VIB Rouge sale! I also stopped by the LA store Naimies to pick something up and grabbed a few items to try. Because these particular products are so new to me, I wanted to do a first impressions post on what I bought. Enjoy! 🙂
1. Nudestix Sculpting Pencil in the darker shade – I have been hearing so much about these nudestix, so I had to get my hands on a few. Off the bat, I love the packaging! This is an adorable tin box that would be awesome to store pencils in when traveling. My first impression is that these super creamy, rich pencils go on very smooth! The contour colour doesn’t necessarily feel “deep” like the name says, but it’s just dark enough to be a great contour color. The highlight is more matte and would be used to highlight features literally, not as a shimmer. I think I’ll probably use it under my eyes. 🙂 Buy it: Sephora $24.00
2. Nudestix Magnetic Eye Color in Angel – Let me just start by saying how hard it was to pick one color to buy! These are so beautiful and give a really pretty glow on the skin! This shade seemed like something I would wear often, but there are also some gorgeous bronze and champagne tones as well. I put this on my hand in the store and after it set it would not move. I was already sold just based off of that, but again the gorgeous finish and simplicity of the product really has me impressed. Buy it: Sephora $24.00.
3. Cover Fx Custom Cover Drops in N40 – I definitely went back and forth with whether to go golden or neutral with these drops, but decided to go neutral since I may end up using it on other people. There are 2 primary reasons I wanted this product, first to warm up the coverfx natural finish foundation I got that is for when I’m at my lightest, and second to add some extra coverage to a few of my bb creams and moisturizers. It’s crazy how solid this stuff is. While I didn’t use it in an actual product, I did get a feel for the pigment and I think it will really add some lightweight coverage to a lot of products I have. I love that you can control how many drops you want, instead of just a normal pump or open cap product. Genius! Buy it: Sephora $44.00.
4. Anastasia Tinted Brow Gel in Chocolate – I have used the clear brow gel from Anastasia before and it was incredible, so I thought it would be nice to try the tinted one. I recently dyed my hair a little darker and the chocolate color seemed perfect for my hair. The only think I wish this had is a smaller wand. I like a smaller wand to be really precise when applying a brow gel, but that’s ok. The hold in these gels are so great that I can deal with a bigger wand haha. Buy it: Sephora $22.00.
5. Toofaced Melted Kisses & Sweet Cheeks Holiday Set – This set didn’t make it into my Holiday Set Gift Guide and Review on youtube, but I wish it would have. These are the most adorable mini versions of the full sized products. I am a big fan of mini versions because it’s still going to last a significant amount of time to go through, especially with 3 of each product. Another plus about this set is that it is divided into 3 packages that you can give away as a gift. Give 2, keep 1 amiright? The colors are gorgeous and both the lipstick and blushes are so wearable. Buy it: Sephora $36.00.
6. Senna Cosmetics Light Trick Highlighting Duo #2 – I am such a sucker when it comes to new products.. haha. This is a new introduction by Senna and it has Sodium Hyaluronate in it, which apparently gives skin volume by holding onto water and as levels decline with age, skin loses its youthful fullness. (I got that from the internets duh) This makes it sound like it’s perfect for a highlight because it holds moisture and makes you look even more glowy. Which I likes. Again, call me a sucker, but I was like yup I’ll take her! It glides on the skin and is perfect for a light to medium glow. One side is matte and one is shimmery, but both really natural compared to some of my other highlighters. This may be good for every day wear, in case you don’t want to blind your coworkers with dat highlight girllll. Buy it: Naimies or Senna’s website $22.00.
7. Grande Lash MD – A few years ago I was using a lash enhancer on the reg. I loved how curled and full it made my lashes look and got so many compliments on my lashes. (i’m not just saying that I actually did haha) It was called Nutraluxe Lash MD and when they changed the formula it kind of went away. I did a double take because it looked exactly like this one did down to the writing. They had it at check out at Naimies and the girl told me she had heard really good things about so obviously I said I’ll take it haha. Ya know, my usual answer when someone tells me something is good. I will have to get back to you on this because it supposedly takes 4 to 6 weeks, which sounds normal. Hopefully soon I’ll have fairy princess eye lashes! Buy it: Amazon $40.00 +.
I can’t wait to use these here and in future videos. I can already tell I’m obsessed with the nudestix, so expect to see more in the future. Has anyone else tried any of these products? If so, how did you like them? And btw, if you have not already.. please head to my youtube channel and subscribe. If you like it, please don’t just watch the video, subscribe to it. 🙂 Ok my begging is over now. Hope you enjoyed this post!